Now in its 15th year the competition is aimed at all levels of staff employed in any aspect of education catering capable of producing excellent craft pieces. It provides entrants with the opportunity to show off their skills which would not normally be seen during their everyday profession.
Entries are now closed.
Your chance to win up to £350!
- Best in Class winner will receive £100 - there are 12 classes to enter!
- Best in Show winner will receive a further £250
It is easy to take part:
- Select the class (or classes) you would like to enter and register to take part before Wednesday 7th June 2023
- Confirmation of your entry and candidate number will be sent to you (early June)
- Get creative! Prepare your entry (or entries) ahead of the Main Event taking place 6th July
- Bring your entry to the Main Event on 6th July for judging by the Craft Guild of Chefs
- Best in class winners are announced in the afternoon - with prizes of £100 to be won in each class!
- Overall best in show winner will win a prize of £250!
Good luck! 🤞
The full list of classes are:
- 50% Fruit Dessert
- Cake Suitable for Special Diet
- Decorated Celebration Cake
- Decorated Novelty Cake
- Filled and/or Covered Sponge, Gateau or Cake
- Floral Sugarcraft Display Piece
- Individual Fruit Tarts
- Tray Bake
- Vegetarian Quiche
Register for your free ticket to the LACA School Food Show to see the entries on display.
If you have any questions, please call 0845 108 5504 and one of the team will be able to help you.
Sponsored by McDougalls:
"We are extremely excited and proud to sponsor the LACA Finishing Touches culinary competition, which has such a credible reputation within the industry. It is a great opportunity for school chefs to showcase their passion, drive and phenomenal pastry skills first hand. Now in its 15th year, we are looking forward to seeing the outstanding entries across all categories which are
open to all levels of staff employed across the education channel. Our McDougalls Flour, Flour Based Mixes and Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder offer an easy-to-use base for a range of sweet and savoury recipes from cakes and cupcakes to cheesecake and tarts – perfect for the categories open for entry for this year’s showcase.
We are looking forward to being part of the judging panel and seeing the culinary talent that the education sector has on offer, best of luck to all entrants!"
Sarah Robb, Premier Foods
To view images of the 2022 entries click here