Now in its 14th year the competition is aimed at all levels of staff employed in any aspect of education catering capable of producing excellent craft pieces. It provides entrants with the opportunity to show off their skills which would not normally be seen during their everyday profession.
The Finishing Touches Display Salon will take place during the LACA Main Event on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th July at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.
Your chance to win up to £350!
This year we are pleased to introduce prizes for the winners.
- Best in Class winner will receive £100 - there are 17 classes to enter!
- Best in Show winner will receive a further £250
It is easy to take part:
- Select the class (or classes) you would like to enter and register to take part before Friday 27 May 2022
- Confirmation of your entry and candidate number will be sent to you w/c 6th June
- Get creative! Prepare your entry (or entries) ahead of the Main Event taking place 6th & 7th July
- Bring your entry to the Main Event on 6th & 7th July for judging by the Craft Guild of Chefs
- Best in class winners are announced on both days - with prizes of £100 to be won in each class!
- Overall best in show winner will be revealed at 14.30 on 7th July, live at the Main Event winning a prize of £250!
Good luck! 🤞
The full list of classes are:
- 50% Fruit Dessert
- NEW FOR 2022 Afternoon Tea
- Cake Suitable for Special Diet
- NEW FOR 2022 Choux Pastry
- Decorated Celebration Cake
- Decorated Novelty Cake
- Filled and/or Covered Sponge, Gateau or Cake
- Floral Sugarcraft Display Piece
- Individual Fruit Tarts
- Sculpted or Carved Cake
- Sweet Macaroons
- NEW FOR 2022 Themed Presentation Display
- Tray Bake
- NEW FOR 2022 Vegetarian Quiche
If you have any questions, please call 0845 108 5504 and one of the team will be able to help you.
Sponsored by McDougalls:
We are extremely excited and proud to sponsor the LACA Finishing Touches culinary competition, which has such a credible reputation within the industry. It is a great opportunity for school chefs to showcase their passion, drive and phenomenal pastry skills first hand. Now in its 14th year, we are looking forward to seeing the outstanding entries across all categories which are open to all levels of staff employed across the education channel.
Our McDougalls Flour, Flour Based Mixes and NEW Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder offer an easy-to-use base for a range of sweet and savoury recipes from cakes and cupcakes to cheesecake and tarts – perfect for the categories open for entry for this year’s showcase.
We are looking forward to being part of the judging panel and seeing the culinary talent that the education sector has on offer, best of luck to all entrants!
To view images of the 2021 entries click here