LACA announces Finishing Touches winners
Finishing Touches is a competition organised by LACA in association with the Craft Guild of Chefs. The competition is aimed at staff employed in any aspect of education catering capable of producing craft pieces.
The competition provides entrants with the opportunity to show off their skills, which would not normally be seen during their everyday profession.
Head judge Steve Munkley said: “As always I am amazed at the level of talent the members of LACA show at finishing touches, this year more than any I was so pleased that the entrants still managed, with all that’s going on in their world, to participate in the salon and produce the fantastic show pieces we had to judge.”
- Decorated Celebration Cake: Suzanne Roberts, Cook in Charge, Ladybrook Primary School, Totally Local Company Ltd
- Filled or Covered Sponge, Gateau or Cake: Cathyrn Wilson, Area Manager, Taylor Shaw
- Cheesecake: Katherine Bridge, Cook Manager, Breachwood, HCL Ltd
- Chocolate Truffles: Sandy Cawley, Catering Development Officer, Hulland CofE Primary, Derbyshire County Council
- Cupcakes: Donna Amiteye, Cook Manager, West Earlham Infant and Junior Schools, Norse Group
- Sweet Macaroons: Nikki Barnard, Cook Manager, Queens Hill Primary School, Norse Group
- Sculpted or carved cake: Helen Merritt, Mobile Kitchen Assistant, Taylor Shaw
- Individual Fruit Tarts: Jean Potter, Community Support Co-Ordinator, Onslow School, HCL Ltd
- Traybake: Paula Blanchard, Area Manager, Taylor Shaw Durham
- 50% Fruit Dessert: Tracey Robson, Area Trainer, Taylor Shaw Durham
- Best in Show & Floral Sugarcraft Display Piece: Lynda Walker, Operations Director, Taylor Shaw Durham
- Cake for a special diet: Mandy Turnbull, Trainer, Taylor Shaw Durham