Last chance to enter Finishing Touches competition
Co-run by LACA and the Craft Guild of Chef, the Finishing Touches culinary salon takes place during this year’s LACA: The Main Event (10-11 July) – providing entrants the chance to show off their skills.
Now in its 12th year, the competition is aimed at all levels of staff employed across education catering who are capable of creating craft pieces.
The full list of classes are:
- 50% fruit dessert
- Cake suitable for a special diet
- Chocolate truffles
- Doughnuts – NEW FOR 2019
- Decorated celebration cake
- Decorated novelty cake
- Filled and/or covered sponge
- Floral sugarcraft display piece
- Individual fruit tarts
- Sculpted or carved cake
- Sweet Macaroons – NEW FOR 2019